7 April 2014

Confidence in Fashion

Confidence has got to be one, if not the most important thing about fashion. A dress can look beautiful and perfect on the hanger but if you put it on and hate it, there is no chance for it. People are always saying how confidence is sexy but they don't express just how important it is in everyday life. From the moment you put on an outfit for the day, you are deciding how you're going to feel. If you put on a skin tight dress that you think might be a bit to small but "never-mind it'll do" you'll spend the whole day covering your stomach paranoid that someone might see a fat roll. But if you put on a dress that you love you'll be skipping around all day and physically appear better looking because you're smiling and strutting your stuff. 

I went through a phase where I brought maxi skirts, I didn't even think I looked good in them but I tried one on in the changing room, went out to show my friend and she thought it looked amazing. That little boost of confidence made me buy it but its never seen the light of day since. Now you might be wondering what's wrong with maxi skirts? And to be honest I see them hanging up and really wish they suited me, but they don't. I feel that they make my hips stand out too much and make me look shorter then I already am, as much as they are seen on and off the catwalks I will never feel confident in one. 


So before the big summer season arrives in stores with hundreds of tank tops and bikini's, I'd just like to say: Just because it's the must have of the season or in every shop you go to, you don't have to buy it, you don't have to try to make it work and you certainly don't have to force yourself to wear it just so that you appear fashionable. Wear what you like and what makes you feel your best, for me the colour black makes me feel confident and although sometimes it may look like I'm going to a funeral, I don't care. Make your own decisions on what you like, don't just follow the trend. 




xx

No comments:

Post a Comment