21 November 2014

The Makeover


 If you read my blog you'll notice I did a complete overhaul of it. But if you're new then HELLO heres a little context. Firstly my URL and my blog title has changed from "nicolealexandraslater" to "thathongkonggirl"- probably the biggest change you can make to a website. Next you'll see the traditional red background and pink writing have been replaced with a very noticeable black and gold theme. You can spot more changes as you read but I wanted to make this post to explain why I have chosen to change the blog's identity. 

I made this blog in January last year, I was still trying to keep that fact that I was from Hong Kong on the down low. But recently It's been hard pretending that my whole life hasn't happened. The people I care about most know everything about me and that is all I should think of. Why should I keep the most interesting aspect of my life, the thing that most describes me as a person a secret because I don't want to make people angry? To be honest being raised in Hong Kong is the only exciting thing about me. Why should everyone else get to show off their best qualities, when I have to tell some boring story? - rant over. 


But back to the blog change, I'm also thinking about changing the content a little. Of course i'll still do beauty and fashion posts but I would also really like to do some personal ones. Like this post! You'll see more of my personality (if you like this new/unfake me?) I hope you do. But we'll see how it goes.


Also I did a little photo shoot for my friend and me being the vain person I am, want to show you them!








I really appreciate all the support you guys give me and hope you're okay with this change xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment