20 November 2015

November Detox | The Grey Jumpers


Between the spooky parties of Halloween and the festivities of Christmas, lies little cold November. Our first month off since summer and the perfect time to just take it easy and prepare for December. 


I call this a detox month because it's my detox from colour, the transition from autumn to winter. This year in particularly i've noticed a little bit of a trend.....when I say a trend I mean a pretty much identical occurrence. I like grey, grey jumpers to be precise. 


Now you may be thinking whats the problem with liking or having grey jumpers? How about having five. That's right I brought five different grey jumpers on five separate occasions in the past year. If that doesn't scream "i've got a bit of an obsession" i don't know what does. 


Top to bottom: H&M, Topshop, H&M, Forever21, Cotton On

Being the neutral between black and white, grey is the perfect shade (was going to say colour but I remembered all those people who used be like "IT'S NOT A COLOUR ITS A SHADE").  


It's subtleness can make your outfit blend into the winter morning. You can dress grey up but personally I prefer to keep it beautifully simple. With a small silver chain and black jeans you are keeping it basic yet looking rather chic. 





Textures are just as different as colours and very noticeable with grey. From knitted wool to soft fluffy cotton, a noticeable texture can proved that little touch your outfit needs to be perfect. 


Now comes to my explanation for having five, firstly each one is different: a hoodie, a sleeveless one, one is longer at the back, a fluffy one and a knitted one. Secondly it goes amazingly well with black and we all know that many of us live in black jeans or leggings as soon as it gets cold. 



Maybe the grey reminds me of snow? or maybe I just want to give my wardrobe a slight change from all the black? Whatever the reason it's happened and I'm not mad about it, in fact I want to encourage you who don't have one to give it a try. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment