31 March 2014

Socks with Sandals?


 I'm not usually one to slam a trend but in this case I just can't help it. All I can ask is WHY? I remember seeing men at the beach in socks and sandals and it used to make me cringe and now girls are wearing the look on a night out. Maybe the past has effected the way I see this style but I personally hate it. I've tried to like it, I went out and brought a pack of cute socks and paired them with my sandal heels and guess what, it looked horrible! I honestly felt like I was 10 again trying my mums shoes on secretly in her wardrobe and couldn't be bothered to take my socks off. 


Maybe it's just me because this trend has appeared on the catwalk multiple times throughout the seasons so designers must like it. But I just think it looks like some dated mistake that we need to move away from. The last time I wore shoes with my socks showing was at junior school when I used to roll them down and think I could get away with it. 


I have always thought, what's the point in buying cute patterned socks when no one gets to see them? But it's a little like underwear, something only you and the person you're sleeping with get to see. Lets keep it that way! 


What's your opinion the this trend, love it or hate it? xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment