9 March 2014

Be Brave, Wear Yellow!

Summer fashion is all about bright colours, bold patterns and keeping cool. This season is no different, with pastel pinks, bright whites and lemon yellows taking over our stores. Designers experiment and have fun with their designs, making us feel sexy and confident in the sun.

Personally I find it hard to think fashionably in the summer, because the heat just makes me throw on a tank top and some shorts. But this year there are some gorgeous simple summer outfits to keep you cool and stylish. 


Here are some of my top yellow looks from this years spring/ summer collection


Collette Dinniga 2014
Moschino Cheap&Chic 2014

Jonathan Saunders 2014

Yellow is an extremely hard colour to pull off especially if you have pale skin, which usually puts me off even looking at anything yellow in stores. But this summer I thought i'd give it a go, using Jonathan Saunders idea of paring a yellow top and black skirt together. Although this doesn't give you the typical  summer look, the black brightens the yellow making it the perfect combination.

I decided to do a little photo shoot to show you my black and yellow combination that is perfect for cold english summers. 



Nail Polish: Electric Yellow from Maybelline 

Shoes: from International 
Top: River Island, Skirt: New Look
I hope this post gives you some outfit inspiration, be brave and wear yellow! I'm trying to do more fashion based posts so tell me what you think xx 

2 comments:

  1. Yellow is definitely a great color; great for boosting your mood, brightening a room, and of course, giving Spring a nice "warm" hello!

    And your outfit looks great (love the shoes!) - especially with your adorable new hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit worried about writing this post because I haven't done many before but i'm glad you like it :) hopefully I do some more soon xx

    ReplyDelete