12 October 2014

Benefit Cosmetics Recruitment


Benefit is one of my favorite makeup brands and although I only brought my first product from them 2 years ago... they have had a very positive impact on my life. Whilst I was purchasing a very good value for money gift set from them the other week, I discovered a little piece of paper advertising that they were recruiting new staff. Now although I'm not in beauty school or planning on becoming a makeup artist in the near future, it has always been a mini dream of mine to do some part-time work at a beauty counter (due to Tanya Burr saying that she used to). 


(Little piece of paper) 

So the following tuesday I woke up early, did my makeup using all Benefit products, of course! and set off on an adventure, that is interviews. The little piece of paper made it sound quite casual, which is was kinda. They used the term "Drop by and introduce yourself" let me just warn you now...it will never be that causal. So I thought I'd write a little post about things you should and shouldn't do at fashion/beauty interviews. Please take a note that this was my first ever interview and i've never had a job before so this is all from first hand experience. 


1. Always Dress Well: 

Not for a night out and not for a day at the park, something in between. I opted for tights, high-waisted black shorts and a silky brown shirt. The piece of paper also said "Be prepared to come back wearing black if you get chosen" so I popped a black tank top in my bag just in case. 

2. Know Your History

Research up on the company, their website will most likely have the history of the company so just have a read through that and get to know the basics of the company. Also you should know your products pretty well, one question I got asked was "Do you have any products yourself?" and considering that you want to work for the company you really should own at least one of their products. 

3. Be Prepared To Talk

A lot of the questions they asked could have been answered with a simple yes or no, but thats not what they are looking for, you need to show your knowledge and your personality through that 10 minuets that you get with them. They will be looking out for how you talk to new people because you'll have to talk to new costumers all the time. 

4. Be Enthusiastic 

There's no point going to an interview or something similar with the attitude that you don't want to be there, it'll show instantly. Smile, be friendly, be polite and enjoy your time talking to the person because if you're enjoying it, they will too. 

5. Stay Calm 

A lot of the people waiting for their interview were freaking out and that's understandable. The best thing to think is if they say no I can always try again or go somewhere else. Because if you put pressure on yourself then it makes it so much worse! 



Hope this helps you out and if you want to ask more questions then just leave a comment xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment