20 January 2014

Review: Barry M Matte Nail Polish


Having never really been a fan of Barry M nail polishes, I was reluctant to purchase the new matte line that they came out with. But with a "buy one get one half price" offer at Boots, I thought why not give them a go? This wasn't just a random purchase, I have been looking for matte nail polish since I saw Kim Kardashian's Instagram of her black matte nails. What put me off Barry M nail polish originally was that I found the consistency of the polish thick, gooey and cheap. That fact that they sell themselves as "the cheapest drugstore nail polish" doesn't help my case. 

But I was relatively surprised by the quality and look of their matte collection. I brought 2 out of the 5 colours in the collection, Crush and Mocha. 


Left: Crush, Right: Mocha

The nail polish gives you a smooth matte finish every time, is quick drying and doesn't chip easily which is everything you want in a polish. The colours are also bold and because of the matte finish you don't need a top coat. At just £3.99 each these polishes are a real bargain!

(I applied just 2 coats of each nail polish to produce the colours in the photos below. )

Crush

This beautiful deep red wine colour stands out without being to bright. It makes your nails look classy and sophisticated without needing to visit a nail salon. The only downfall with this colour is that if you make a mistake it will slightly stain your skin so you need to clean it up asap! 




Mocha


This colour is gorgeous for a simple tidy look, although it looks more like a cappuccino than a mocha. Since this colour is so light you can add more layers to produce a darker effect but its a great colour to have for the winter but also for spring as its so light. 








I would strongly advise you the purchase these nail polishes if you're looking for a matte finish or just something new to add to your own collection xx 

7 comments:

  1. The Mocha color is gorgeous!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't resist buying it!
      Thank you for the comment :) x

      Delete
  2. That mocha colour! I've never been a real fan of mate nails, but that one is lovely! I also had the same problem with barry m polishes, they are such pretty colours but the quality is so bad at times, great review. x

    Laura Rachel,
    http://lifeoflaurarach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :) Yeah they really put me off buying cheap nail polish, glad i'm not the only one who has that problem! x

      Delete
  3. love the red color dear :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect it to be so dark when I first brought it, but I love it! Thank you for the comment, really love your blog :) x

      Delete
  4. Love the mocha color!!!!

    http://www.comercialmoyano.com

    ReplyDelete