26 June 2015

Summer Outfits- Espanya Style


When I think of summer fashion I picture bright colours, flip-flops, tassels for days and all the glamorous things that come with it. But in reality summer is about sweaty hair, sunburns and the permanent smell of suncream. So I thought i'd show you some real summer outfits which you can wear without sweating them through but still make you look like a summer goddess. 

The Tourist



You're going out for the day and need to wear something casual yet socially expectable to go out to eat in because you never know what's going to happen. Style wise, adding a pop of colour to your outfit gives you a summer vibe without going to over the top with neons. Don't be scared about wearing a crop top If you're a little on the pear shape side of things because the top half of this outfit is mostly white it helps to even out your curves.  

 Bum Bag: River Island, Shorts: H&M  

Carrying a bag in the summer can be extremely tidious because you want to relax and use your arms and hands freely without having a bag in the way. A bum bag may make you think of 60's roller discos but if you style it well it'll give off the festival vibe instead of an embarrassing mum vibe.

Sandals: Primark 


 Opt for sandals instead of flip-flops if you're heading out for the day as they have a lower risk of breaking, better safe then sorry! I always buy a pair of cheap sandals and flip-flops before going on holiday for days out or on the beach so if they break i'm not too bothered. 


 Sunglasses & Top: Forever 21, Hat: Market Stall 

I've never really been a fan of hats but after one to many headaches from the sun I decided to go for this one. A big floppy hat and big round sunglasses makes you feel like a celebrity hiding from the paparazzi,  but most importantly it saves you from sunburns. 


The Beach Bum

 
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban, Shorts: H&M 

For a day at the beach less is always more, the more you wear the more you have to carry throughout the day. Sometimes it can be a bit too much to strut around in a bikini, so a swimsuit and some shorts gives you a beach look while being socially expectable to go into restaurants. Braids are also my go to style in the summer because when I tie my hair up my ears burn and when its down I get all hot and bothered, so it's the perfect happy medium. 

 Swimsuit: Forever 21, Necklaces: Miss Selfriges

I'm certainly not one to go onto the beach thinking its a fashion show but I thought these necklaces gave the look a more beachy vibe because they are only small and since the swimsuit is quite low cut I thought it needed something to fill in the extra space. 


Shawl: Cotton on,  Flip-Flops: Primark

When you need a bit of extra cover from the sun a shawl is always a good idea, it's light weight so you don't get all hot and sticky and when you've had enough of it you can just shove it in your bag. 


The Keeping It Casual 

 Dress: Forever 21, Sandals: Primark 

Most days when you're on holiday, fashion and style is the last thing on your mind and you just want to throw on something over your bikini and head to the pool. I was going to put a maxi dress in for this one but to be honest they are just so inconvenient, so I opted for a short casual dress with a cut out in the back to keep you cool and it's got palm trees on which just wins it for me. This look is so effortless that you'll look cool even with a shiny forehead. 

Bag: H&M 

A cute backpack makes up for the lack of all handbags on your holiday, not only is this really practical for carrying all your beach essentials but although its black the tassels give it a really summery vibe. 

Sunglasses: Fake Ray-Ban (cheap bitch and proud!) 

As I was saying in the first outfit about having a pop of colour, these glasses made this outfit go from simple to pretty damn cool if I do say to myself. Although these one's are fake you can get real one's from Ray-Ban called the Cyclamen Mirror. 


Here are some holiday snaps of these outfits in action! 






Happy Tanning xx 



1 comment:

  1. Nice Ray-Bans, I've got a lime green pair just like them.

    ReplyDelete