9 October 2016

A Basic Bitch's Guide To Halloween




As a self proclaimed basic bitch I have no shame in confessing my undying love for Halloween. Although it's more about the run up of pumpkins and scary movies then the actually night that really gets me in the spooky mood if I'm honest. As a kid it was all about trick or treating and eating so many sweets that my teeth start to go a little numb, but as a what they call "adult" now it's just an excuse to be excited and have a party. 

For all my fellow basic bitches out there, here a little guide on how to go all out this spooktactula season. 


Scary or Slutty? 

One of life's hardest decisions is whether to go slutty or scary on Halloween. Personally I like to alternate between the two each year just to mix it up a little. But if there is any excuse to wear two costumes in one year then go for it girl! 


Recruit Potential Bae 

Nothing screams basic bitch more than matching costumes on Halloween. If you don't already have a bae then you can recruit one just for the season, I mean don't tell them about it but once you've got that basic bitch couple shot then you can ditch. Maybe even hold some festive auditions to really bring the spirit alive. 


Visit a Theme Park Halloween Event

Because theme parks are fun anyway but add some creepy people jumping out at you and eery music playing and you've got yourself a proper good time. It's even better if you go dressed up but try not to loose those cat ears on the rides.. (note to self) 


Get That Social Media Up To Scratch 

 I'm talking going all out and making your instagram theme orange and black, tweeting about your obsession with pumpkin spice lattes (or the lack of them in your country for that matter COUGHCOUGH) and throwing it back to all your past costumes on Facebook. Live, breath, love halloween. 


Nickname Your Pets 

Calling your pets by their normal name is just so boring. Personally I like to theme their nicknames around holidays and just whatever word is stuck in my head to be honest. But this halloween my favourite is "pumpkins" or if I'm really feeling it "my little pumpkins spice lattes, although it's a bit of a mouthful. 


Themed Baking 

I take any excuse to make and eat cakes all year round, from other peoples birthdays to "i've had a bad week" scoffing back treats is my speciality. But nothing beats a little bit of themed baking... although expect to have a mental breakdown when your frosting looks more like a blob of something unsavoury then an actual ghost. 


Pumpkin Spice 

I briefly touched on the subject already but honestly my basic bitch heart aches knowing that I won't be about to enjoy a warm soothing cup of pumpkin spice this year. I mean it's practically discrimination that they don't do it here! 




I hope you all got the lolz from this post and not just think I'm a freak..but oh well if you do! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment