2 February 2014

Statement Coats and Jackets



Since I'm studying in Sunderland, coats are still very much a necessity if I want to stay warm when being outside. I've seen a lot of different styles and patterns on the catwalks my favorite being PPQ's Autumn/ Winter 2013 collection of vibrant, bold and colourful winter coats.  When wearing a coat like this you don't need to dress it up with jewelry or a fancy purse, as the coat speaks for itself. The neon yellows and fluorescent pinks featured on the catwalk were accompanied by bold patterns and daring cuts to make the show and outfits more extravagant. 

I decided to purchase my own extravagant coat, a little less designer and a little more high-street. I was looking for patterns rather than colour as a personal preference,  I've always been a huge fan of leopard print and ever since Harry Styles wore a Burberry leopard print shirt to The London Fashion Week last year, it seems that everything now comes in black, white and leopard print. I thought I struck gold when I popped into Miss Selfridge and found a gorgeous leopard print coat had been reduced from £75 to just £25 as well as it being the last one available in my size! So without a doubt I snatched it up and carried it around with me all day, and of course taking it out the bag to stare at it on the train home. 


Since yesterday was my first time wearing it, I wanted to do a little outfit of the day and share my excitement with you all. I paired the coat with a long sleeved black dress, black tights and brown boots so that the coat would stand out and accessorize my outfit for me. 





And of course, Sunderland being Sunderland the wind caused a lot of retakes! Hope you enjoyed this post xx  


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11709265/?claim=kz7dmyhutmq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

5 comments:

  1. wow you look absolutely gorgeous:) love the coat so much! the print is really cute!

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :) Just checked out your blog, really loving it! xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome coat!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! lovely blog as well x

    ReplyDelete